Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/httpd/vhosts/lobotomo.com/httpdocs/phpBB/common.php on line 106
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/session.php on line 885: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3391: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3393: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3394: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3395: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /common.php:106)
Lobotomo Software User Forum • View topic - Fans going crazy

Fans going crazy

For applications not listed above come here

Moderator: Lobotomo Software

Fans going crazy

Postby Johannesdb on Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:30 pm

Hi,

a few days ago I installed your program Fan Control 1.2 on my first generation macbook pro. The model-id is MacBookPro1,1.

The problem is that since I installed the program the fans have been to quick to speed up to 6000 rpm. At around 60 degrees the fans hit 6000 rpm. Before the fans would be much quieter at that temperature.

When I set the lower threshold in the program to 60 degrees and the upper threshold to 90 degrees and the baseline rpm to 1000 the fans still spin too fast. The idle temp is around 50 degrees and the fans spin at 2-3000 rpm when they shold be at ~1000 rpm.

Is there a special setting for 1 gen mbp that allows the computer to get warmer than newer mbp models? As I recall the Intel Core Duo 2,16 GHz runs much warmer than the newer Intel Core 2 Duo processors does.

I hope you can help me get my quiet macbook pro back.
Johannesdb

Return to Others